Wednesday, January 10

sun downer

Don't let the sun set upon your wrath.

Well my question at times is - where to put it? I could sweep it under the rug or proverbial mattress. Would I be able to sleep then? More than likely it would resemble the Princess and the Pea - and be disturbing as long as it was there - so ultimately no solution.

I was listening to a radio station this morning (KSGN 89.7) and the program airing suggested to place the wrath in forgiveness. Hardly seems fair does it? I need to have it, savor it, feel justified with it.

But think - at least my thinking became:
  • In this way you can give the problem an identification - what is the problem. This situation went down, and this happened, and this is how I feel about it.
  • You can give it ownership, even shared - they did this; I did that; and this was beyond anyone's control.
  • Now you can determine what you are going to do with your part. I will work on my behavior when these circumstances occur.
  • You can share your difficulty with the other person as to these circumstances. Now (personally, I wouldn't because I haven't overcome my nature to be the introvert and just stuff everything inside); don't be like me.
  • At this point you can decide to forgive, one - yourself, two - any others. Therein lies the freedom to let the sun set.
Sure - we can't change others, but we can go on with our life even if we have to be around them. Admittedly this is simplistic, but essentially the process. With the circumstances placed in forgiveness, we can approach what lies ahead with a more beneficial attitude which will enable me to pray for the situation and all involved with a right spirit and mind.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. From PSALM 51

It was through the Lord's forgiveness that I am continuously renewed. I am going to practice that forgiveness. Surely mine will be so meager by comparison; but it's funny how its me who benefits most in the end.

Go ahead sun, make your appointed rounds; I'm ready for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey