Wednesday, January 10

lasting firsts

The other thing that caught my ear this morning on the radio station was a call-in discussion about is there love at first sight? The callers I heard (I was only able to listen briefly) seem to generally feel 'no', that true love comes with time and struggles of going through life together.

Me, rather than false, my answer would be true! If you could have seen the husband's face when he opened the door the day he met me - you would to. You see, the thing is love is not some still thing that one can describe as this is love. Love is alive and vibrant, its given birth and it grows; it can even die. So that initial sighting has one shape and form, but the love that has lasted years and years looks altogether different, fully matured into near immortality. Years from now, I don't want the husband to love me like he did that day 7.5 years ago - far from it, nor today; but I do expect to see that look in his eyes. And I pray for him the love that continually grows in me for him will be as precious a sight to see.

I bet in those lasting loves knit by time and perseverance, often a moment of recognition can be recalled of first seeing their Love - thus, first sight is not always day one. A movie that comes to mind that illustrates my point is Robert Downey Jr. and Marisa Tomei in Only You - if you've seen or see it, you will understand.

That's how I see it, or maybe love is blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey