Wednesday, January 17

keep the crunch...

it is highly rumored by my own design that I don't know how to cook (I can eke out a few entrées - however, I do reheat, an even with that I could always use some tips (I like to make things look like they aren't leftovers ;-)) - and I like checking out all the features of the new oven. So in the quest of perfectly reheating fried chicken regaining the crunchiness, I came across this article:
...Some fried foods never come back from being chilled. Spring rolls, with their layers of wrapper, will never regain their crisp, flaky texture. Fried chicken, however, rebounds surprisingly well.

For fried chicken, place on a foil-lined baking sheet and transfer to a 350-degree oven until the exterior becomes somewhat crisp and the interior is warmed through, about 15 minutes for a thigh, 25 minutes for a breast.

For small fried foods wrapped in pastry of some sort, such as shrimp purses or wontons, use the same approach but far less time. Aim for 5 to 7 minutes...
By Renee Schettler, The Washington Post
The article also covers rotisserie, boneless and skinless chicken; mashed potatoes; bread; vegetables -- whether they have been roasted, grilled, steamed, sauteed or stir-fried; potato varieties; roast beef; pie, and even quesadillas. Now that I've got the hook-up, I thought I'd share them with you. Who'd a thunk I'd be posting about cooking tips?!? Look out leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the cooking tips! :)

    And it's weird that we both used the phrase "who woulda thunk" in a blog post today. Whoa...

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey