Monday, January 8

as far as we go

If you haven't seen Conspiracy Theory; it should be on your list of movies to see. The cast headliners are Mel Gibson, and Julia Roberts whose films are nearly all favorites of mine. Mel, with an extensive portfolio, shows a knack for playing crazies - i.e., the Lethal Weapons (here's a tribute to the collection), Hamlet. I have Conspiracy on video only and it doesn't air very often, but it was on tonight. It is always enjoyable viewing.

A line in the movie stood out to me, strangely enough - "This is as far as we go, Alice" (someone no longer wants to help Julia look for Mel's character). Why this line? Well, as I have mentioned, being a frequent viewer of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I realized it was said almost exactly in the same way - "This is as far as we go, Babe" when Jane Smith's associate lets her know she can no longer work with her. Something about the way it is said makes the line catchy and memorable, or maybe I'm just plan crazy too.

This, then, is as far as we can go with this post ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey