Tuesday, January 30

an honest look at yourself ...

have you visited the site everydayhealth? It is quite informative. I read some of their newsletters. I actually ended up there today from looking at their comprehensive section on cholesterol.

On their site is a health check that can provide you very valuable information about the state of your health. It, of course, confirmed my need to lose weight among other things (provided my BMI and assessed it), but it also offers ways to improve the individual results and the entire situation.

do you consider yourself an honest person? I consider myself an honest person; will tell you that without hesitation! But to answer the questions on the test, one has to be honest. However, the reality is I don't want to be honest with myself; that I am frequently not honest with myself. So then, what is this myself, telling others - you see one has to support the answers one tells oneself when speaking with others. Please, let me not continue to digress!

Let me just say it is useless to take the test if you are not honest. Probably one of the best things you can do for your health is be honest. Change starts with truth. I, in an attempt to be truly honest, looked at the worst case scenario and, if I was anywhere close to that answer, I selected it. (At least, in the resulting analysis I would have the worst case scenario - can't be any worse; right?). So, I took the test. It is pretty thorough to the extent such a test can be and far more than my expectations - it deals with eating, exercise, body pollutants, hereditary issues, mental health, and more.

If you have any kind of goal to take better care of yourself, this is a good place to start. Then, after a period of time (no, not the next day, okay?), retake the test. I personally hope to reward myself with good news.

Here's to your health!

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:7, 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey