Thursday, January 4

speaking of 'hello'

did you just get up this morning and go about the day's busyness? or did you say 'hello'? I get up awfully early in the morning to commute in a vanpool to the office; soon it will be even earlier as my hours change to '9/80'. I have a tendency to jump out of the bed, decide what to wear, get ready, go, hoping I at least kiss the husband as I race out the door wondering if I have everything like cellphone, pda, notebook, wallet, keys, badge, and the youngest who needs to be dropped at the sitters to be later taken to school. Did I take my medicine? Was I supposed to sign a note for the teacher? Is there something else I'm forgetting? Sometimes I'm successful; sometimes, not. But, did I say hello? I wonder if God relates to You had me at hello!

The Psalms speak to us of it: 5:2-3; 55:16-17; 88:13 and the Lord, Hisself, practiced it Mark 1:35. Daniel took time several times a day to chat with the Lord. Do you ignore your loved ones, not speaking a word to them because of your busyness or recognize this detracts from any relationship? Isn't it funny how we do God? There's a song ... (the husband helped me remember the name)
Heart of Worship


Matt Redman

When the music fades and all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the things I've made it
When it's all about You
All about You, Jesus

King of endless worth, no one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor, all I have is Yours
Every single breath

I usually get in the car, and after the youngest is deposited, I slow my mind and come before God. Christian music plays and I call out to Him. Maybe I'll cry; Maybe I'll smile - but I talk with Him awhile. Sometimes I forget which makes me sad. On good days, even once in the van I stay with Him, eyes closed, as it makes it way through morning traffic. What would a day be without Jesus?

Hello? ... I'm sorry, Lord, for the things I've made it

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the 9/80 workweek. Interesting...

    And thanks for the reminder. I can get so busy in the morning and forget to say "hello" to my Creator. Tomorrow on m way to work, I'll turn off the talk radio and spend the time talking with God. :)

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey