Monday, December 18

peace & mental pieces

It used to be that with Christmas around the corner, the work days became slower. But that isn't the case this year. Meanwhile activities on the homefront are at their height as well. Top that off with a child that is having trouble focusing in class, and peace and good will toward men is hard to find. But it must be made a priority, especially these days. Isn't it odd, that one has to fight for their peace this time of year - that it is an actual battle - which is an irony in and of itself. I've had to cancel plans and postpone others to not get carried away by the intensity of the season's activities. Have a joyous and peaceful Merry Christmas!



Saw WTC (World Trade Center) with Nicolas Cage this weekend - I was expecting a different type of story more along the line of a disaster film - this had similarities to Ladder 49 or maybe that type of flavor, and yet still different. While what actually occurred is beyond imagination, the event in this movie although bold and glaring, seemed not quite capturing the outright extent of appalling horror in this tragedy (as I recollect it being reported); not that I can conceive of how to achieve it. The movie is good, however, keeping your attention throughout. It's worth seeing and using to not forget this day in the history of the United States. I suppose December 7th's Pearl Harbor is the only thing we know comparable, and that movie (Ben Affleck, Kate Beckinsale, Cuba Gooding, Jr. and more) is a good, dramatized, portrayal of that day.

One thing these movies touch upon is man's response in times such as these. Do we predominantly rise to the occasion or fall to the basest of natures? What would we, ourselves, do in like circumstances? Will I save my own neck, give up in despair or fear, or risk helping another? There will be a time on earth where those realities will be faced by all upon it. It bears some thought.



I have new toys for computing - I have to tear myself away at times. I don't have to use my desktop upstairs, but can wireless connect from my notebook, and its fully loaded with all the software I prefer. It makes it easier to blog, to quickly access online activities, and even divert myself with music, movies, or games. And being portable, I can even take it on the road. The husband made Christmas come early by extending his Thanksgiving; God bless him.



Spent the weekend remembering birthdays - mine and the Ace's Ace (her husband). We enjoyed a dinner at Black Angus. It was nice to relax with good friends and chill with a delicious meal. At the end, instead of singing happy birthday, we received a beautiful dish of ice cream and chocolate brownie with carmel and happy birthday written in chocolate syrup decor. It was yummy! I sure need to post some pictures up in here.

I discovered a great way to enhance my birthday - join birthday clubs! Doing so I have coupons for free meals/desserts at Black Angus, Friday's, Red Robin, Red Lobster , Tony Roma's; free ice cream at Cold Stone and Baskin Robbins, free smoothie at Juice it Up. Happy Birthday Me! Yes, my birthday was last week, but I'm still celebrating!



Well tomorrow's another workday; goodnight. Three days to vacation after that - woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey