Thursday, November 23

Giving Thanks!

another Thanksgiving under the belt! The husband and I made an agreement when we married - I only have to cook on the holidays AND since he likes to BBQ that only really applies to the winter - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Resurrection Day! What a deal!

But then feeding the clan sometimes seems daunting and wrests with my spirit during the day. The eldest used to help me in the kitchen. But face it, she's in Texas - this being the second Thanksgiving and they just bought a home. So what a blessing when bright an early the Giant lends his assistance throughout the day. He tore up bread for dressing, made rice pilaf, and moved dishes between the various ovens so we would have the Turkey, ham, green beans, sweet potatoes, pumpkin bread, dinner rolls, fried corn ready to go with the husband's delicious tea and the salad at 4 pm. Afterward, the girl's knocked out the remaining dishes - I like to wash as I go to minimize the mess, and so the kitchen looks quite decent right now. The daughter getting her teacher's credentials was able to be with us again for yet another holiday.

We went around the table as usual and talked about the things we are thankful for this year. The Giant made my day in such a little way. And I have such a wonderful husband. We have a blended family that actually blended - what a blessing! Being a stepmother has been no more wicked than being a mommy dearest ;-)! God has been so good to us.

Two of the kids were at their mom's - I hope they had a blessed time as well; they were missed. The new homeowner's called - they are also missed. My brother called too and it was good to hear from him. I was remiss in making calls today - too busy splashing sauce myself - powdering my face with flour, not finding things I was sure I bought and all the other essentials of bringing this meal together.

Now - yes at this very hour - the husband is waiting outside a store for it to open Black Friday, - the day after thanksgiving shopping. I pray for his safety and easy going. He's the one who takes care of these kinds of things; I abhor crowd mentality. The Lord bless him; he is a rare and wonderful guy. Well he just called and wants a heavier coat and maybe a sleepingbag - gotta go! Thanksgiving Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey