Saturday, December 2

'Two Shoes' Too


I vote "two shoes" too! The family laughs at me because one of my most favorite movies is Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. I get all mistimental singing "I'm all alone in the World" and Tiny Tim's 'razzleberry dressing' and am known for random and stray episodes of just belting out lines from these songs. It is endearing, delightful, and great children's Christmas fare - I've passed down the tradition to the eldest daughter.

Check out abundant blessings blogger and you will see that I am not alone in the world of a Magoo Christmas. I came across another blogger, Skye Puppy - in a post that treats "A Christmas Carol" overall - who is of this mind also and from whom I retrieved the ever loved lyrics.

A hand for each hand was planned for the world,
So why don't my fingers reach?
Millions of grains of sand in the world,
Why such a lonely beach?
Where is a voice to answer mine back?
Where are two shoes that click to my clack?
I'm all alone in the world.

I own the video (replacing it once, even) and the DVD because I was always afraid the networks wouldn't pick it up at Christmas - while I was growing up it was a yearly tradition. This year, I understand the Cartoon Network will carry it on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to you every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey