Sunday, December 10

The office Christmas party

I usually enjoy the husband's office Christmas (I'm supposed to say holiday; but I won't!) parties - I think it is because people are usually in a rare festive frame of mind with all the sentiments of the season. The husband was quite the event photographer and we promised the Jarvis' to see them all; stay tuned. The band was absolutely great - they had a variety of musical styles incorporating jazz, swing, old-school, there was dancing too. The venue was dodger stadium clubhouse - and even the marquee was lit up to say a series of messages thanking the staff for their hard work. How neat! Our selection was the rib-eye with mashed potatoes, some complimentary seasoned veggies, and tasty french onions - very scrumptious. There was a wide selection of desserts from fresh fruit to a so rich chocolate cake which I just had to have some of, and flavored coffees. There was a host bar. I hadn't had a mai-tai in quite some time and I had the chance to recall why I liked them so much. There was champagne at every table. And everyone mingle, mingle, mingled. The Gonzales' and Anna were at our table, the Valdez's (I think 'coffee' when they're name is mentioned :-), and the Jarvis' stopped by. It was great seeing everyone.

I think the thing about these events is that I have the opportunity to be 'out' (like I have a life) with the husband - we become a couple who only have to love and enjoy each other. Lord please make more time in our life for times like these - I do so enjoy us being like that. Let me just say, the Jarvis' won a floral centerpiece to take home for being the first to arrive at their table! Anna did too! They were a quite lovely arrangement of reds and whites with carnations, other Christmas season flowers and roses, with appropriate greens. Congrats to all the winners!

Well suffice it to say I had fun. My office party is at lunch Friday; hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey