Sunday, December 24

eight below

speaking of dog stories, Eight Below was on today. I was once again recaptivated by one of these stories. I've seen Snow Dogs, White Fang, "Call of the Wild", Homeward Bound, the Incredible Journey, Old Yeller, Turner & Hooch as just some of the dog stories I've enjoyed as well as ones mentioned earlier.

This movie, with a good cast of people (Paul Walker from 'Fast and Furious' fame, Bruce Greenwood who has a couple more dog movies coming out, August Schellenberg of Free Willy fame - yes I saw all of those too!) and the sled dogs, epitomizes teamwork, survival, caring. It tells of a man's love for his dogs , of not being willing to leave any behind, of 'against all odds'! The dogs' characters, themselves, each revealed their personalities throughout the film. It is very endearing.

According to the Wikipedia information and spoiler, its the fictional re-interpretation of the true events of the the 1958 ill-fated Japanese expedition which inspired the 1983 hit movie Nankyoku Monogatari. I don't like to give away the story in case someone wants to see it - but I was so caught up in the story I was risking being late for church on Christmas Eve. I finally snapped back to my senses. It will air several more times today and I suspect over the next few days. Chloe, Ziporrah, and I will watch it again later, this time in its entirety. You'll want to check this one out if you love dogs and movies of the likes of those above. About.com has these for favorite dog movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey