Monday, November 12

Road not taken - there and back again

flipside

today I need to pick a school - yeah me. I decided to go back; complete a bachelors. Somewhere in this day, I need to get the plan on track. You know, step out on faith. Now here's the criteria, somehow with business as a basis, I would like
  • a christian-based institution,
  • a focus on either communication, psych, english or writing
  • a flexible program - distance/online, off-campus, combined
hey but the driving factor is cost, of course - even though tuition reimbursement is involved. So the realization is any or all of the three above may have to yield to the driver. However, we serve a God of Wonders.

Order my steps Lord; help me today.

Okay following this epiphany of going back to school to which the husband whole-heartedly supported me, my immediate supervisor announced retirement - a position I could go for, but generally covets a degree. What timing? That threw my mind into high gear - how to get this all together in an effective, efficient manner. I sought advice and the result is I enrolled in a mentoring program - and actually have the mentor of my dreams - someone I respect professionally and personally. I'm excited about that. I've gotten some college planning advice too.

Before I get my arms around this, I learn that my supervisor's replacement has been taken care through a musical chairs sort of internal action. Okay, some of the intel behind the decision hurt, but at the end of the day when I stopped spinning off of it all, it comes down to 'that wasn't meant to be'. In the long run, the chair that at this point becomes empty is available now. We'll see what God's will is for that. One thing is sure, if I can cement it in my head (but that would be me working, huh?); it's not by might, nor by power, but by Him.

Today, which school will it be? The Lord is my mentor; I shall not want...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey