Wednesday, November 21

Giant Face Off

God is so so so amazing!

The ladies had an awesome evening at our study! We are still with Max and the 'Cure' - dealt with 'pausing on purpose'. I just love watching the holy spirit move through the room, on people's faces and body movements. It's wonderful to be part of such a thing. We could see our attitude about our giants - the very areas in us where God wants to do His thing. Oh my - not what it should have been.

facing the giants
the aroma of our attitudes ...
about a right spirit in not someone else, me
straight is the path ...
if God's Word say 'do not fear' 365 times, that is at least one for every day
need rain? prepare for rain!
give God your best; let God do the rest
chose not that same ol' tape we play, but to listen and believe the voice of truth

I haven't chosen a school yet, but I was led to have a meeting at Biola Monday. Elisabeth prayed and shared what Biola would be for me and what it would cost. Have to count the cost, don't we. I saw this big ol' giant begin to completely fill the room, but I could still see Elisabeth and hear her tell me about how nothing is bigger than God; that it is all possible. We prayed, and I departed not with hope; but the white towel was still in hand. I was reminded of that at our study.

I had been waiting for God to speak to me about my righteous indignation about a thing at work and how that very indignation smacks of simply feeling bad that I had been passed over. I heard myself saying, at the study when sharing it, that 'indignation that is righteous doesn't not yield in the face of appearances'. God answered me with my own mouth.

We answered these questions, which is where we spent the predominace of our night?
  • what is the reason for your existence in one sentence?
  • does your calender reflect it?
  • if not, how do you bring change to your calendar?
This question was a little too close; we didn't like it? Many of us balked at saying what God had told us as the answer. Surprised? How many of us say God made me talented/pretty/someone people need/a gifted _____ - whatever the answer is? And we dare to speak the answer - our life lies to our calendar!

One lady who had previously felt she had no vision, shared a dream she had long had - she had acted upon it this week. How many of us have these buried treasures.

At our study we were reminded to trust and obey - that God would make us 'Hinds Feet in High Places'. And that if we trust God, there is nothing He cannot do.

I had today off and 'Facing the Giants' was on - hmmm... another Lucado item. I was reduced to tears as God showed me how to face my giants. He is doing something wonderful in my life and the lives of these ladies. So wonderful, that for a moment I saw the one who dances putting on her ballet for which I wrote somethings, and the singer sang, and the artist created the scenery, and the one who speaks to people spoke. Can you see it? He is working in us all.

Some went out, in the O.T. under Joshua, and saw giants, two came back and saw an opportunity to see God's glory.

Because when you go forth with the attitude of however it goes, 'I will still love you Lord'; anything can happen. The circumstances may not change to the naked eye; but they change nonetheless. He meets us in our circumstances, like Daniel's 3 buddies in the fiery furnace. God is answering prayer, healing physical and emotional hurts. His way. In His time. And He's using us.

Let the people see the message He gave you? How's your calendar lookin?

The youngest who was watching the movie with me asked why the people were crying; I was unable to voice the answer. He looked at me and gave me a precious hug and I smiled at him. I was crying too. My rain is coming.

Lord, I'm preparing for rain; help me face my giants! With You, nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey