Sunday, May 13

Woman On the Move Across the Nation

At WomensHealthGov, I joined the Women's Challenge starting NationalWomen's Health Week, May 13-19, 2007 virtually walking across the pacific coast from Alaska to Hawaii - received a free pedometer too! The Challenge goes through the 4th of July weekend. Today, Mother's Day was a great day to start. I've lost 15 pounds and wore for the Day a teal summer dress with jacket I bought online about a year ago and I wasn't able to squeeze my hips into it, much less my bust. Well, today I wore it and I was looking sharp!

I'm four months away from my Hawaii vacation, and I'm just thanking God and looking forward to the me who will be going on that trip with the husband. I'm truly grateful not only for the husband's support, but also his encouragement and participation.

You may have noticed my walking tracker down at the bottom with my weight loss tracker - it is from when I first got the pedometer. I haven't done much yet, but will do my utmost starting tomorrow. The website itself is very informative about women's health replete with tools and information.

Let me list a couple of places to develop nutrition/fitness tracking and meal planning Lean Cuisine's Wellness and Kraft's Healthy Living (neither program dependent upon their food and some supportive of other programs like WeightWatchers and South Beach Diet) - the beauty of these tools is that they are free and are highly informative of the nutrients lacking and over abundant in your intake; its an eye opener into eating habits and food quality AND your overall daily and weekly progress - tracking weight measurements as well. The difference between them and Sparkpeople.com is these are less inclusive of 'forum' activity although that and journaling is available. I love the christian and overall support found on Sparx.

I took a day off today to enjoy the husband's barbeque ribs - oh and he made the most delicious smoothie! I'll be back on program first thing in the morning! I've had a great weekend - took care of a traffic ticket and was enabled to go to traffic school and spent Friday afternoon in the jacuzzi, where I was also Saturday after some gardening.
And now, if I have found favor in Your eyes, please make me see Your ways, and let me know You, so that I may find favor in Your eyes; and consider that this nation is Your people. And He said, My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. And they said to Him, If Your presence does not go, do not cause us to go up from here. Ex. 33:13-15
Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey