Sunday, May 13

the borne identity ...

From 'birth' to 'bearing and having borne' children goes from bringing them into this world to the concepts of ...
  1. To yield fruit; produce: peach trees that bear every summer.
  2. To have relevance; apply: They studied the ways in which the relativity theory bears on the history of science.
  3. To exert pressure, force, or influence.
    1. To force oneself along; forge.
    2. To endure something with tolerance and patience: Bear with me while I explain matters.
  4. To extend or proceed in a specified direction: The road bears to the right at the bottom of the hill.
Only one can birth, but a mother can be a force within and bear the lives of many. My quiver is full. The son I didn't birth had a lot of mothering over the years (as have all my children), specifically from his own and steps like myself who was at the end of that road. Joseph was Jesus' dad, but he too had an impact on the child he raised; too the woman who took in Moses as her child. Although knowing we are not initiator, we know that some plant seeds, others water, others sow.

This son presented me this for mother's day.
My Mother

Sometimes life just seems so difficult, if you know what I mean.
So much you have to do, for you maybe provide, cook, or clean.
There is something interesting about the way you've intervened in my life. When I was lost you held on believing even though I put you through much strife. As I look back on the way raising was put to play,
You somehow distinctly always knew what to say.
Even though sometimes I felt it was harsh or difficult in my own way.
I suppose I had to trust in you, believe that we would agree one day.
If you add two and two together they say you will get four.
If you add mother after mother I've had, I say you get a whole lot more.
I thank GOD for the way each of them had a special impact of their own.
When I see them look into my eyes there face tells me "Wow look how much he's grown."
I try to say sometime special, just a simple word or two.
But behind the tears I say secretly "Give honor to whom it is due."
Sometimes I wonder if you know how much I am in debt to you.
I could have simply gave you a card, but those words just don't feel true.
There is so much beauty and virtue of a woman whose life is awe inspiring art. Since I have some skill with words I might as well honor you with my heart. Thank you for your patience, discipline, and love.
I can look up in the sky and see my mom, a beautiful sky lit dove.
So much purpose and care she has, just me your son.
I compare a dove to you, so you can think of me the next time to see one.
Thank you once again for all that you do.
I know you know this but I'll say it again, "I love you too." RCN III
The sentiment from our college middle daughter's card told me I always make her feel at home.

It was a day of hugs and 8 year old kisses; I am blessed to have committed so many forgeries ;-).

Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.Pr 31:28

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem. Surprise, surprise - it brought tears to my eyes. (Hey, did ya catch that rhyme? I'm a poet too!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey