Wednesday, May 16

RMR's lit'rary reviews

excerpted from RMRodriguez; christian daughter, wife,
student, writer, tyrtle expert, and cinema/lit'rary critic (of
the infamous RRod [Gable] & RNorm [Bogey] opposition)

"i read a whole book in a day (approx. 350pgs). it was called kite runner, good book!--about a boy growing up in afghanistan and his relationship with his father and his servant whose the same age as him. and i read a lesson before dying, on friday and satuday. and over the previous two weeks before that i read the sin eater. which is by francine rivers. i think you'd like her writing (must reads--Redeeming Love, and the Mark of the Lion series). i do. but i must say the sin eater is one of my least favorite. in the end it was worth while, but it took 200pgs before it started to really grab me. oh, and b4 that i read Lying on the couch, fictional book about counseling, written by a psychologist. the title is a play on words layin down and tellin lies. and i learned 6 new words reading it-- skein, avuncular, nihilism (which i was vaguely familiar with), sophistry (i like that one), genuflect, excoriate (i like that one 2). i wanted to read another of his, but they don't have any at the library. so, now i'm starting A Map of the World. We'll see how that goes. I think you'd really like the Red Tent and the Time Travelers Wife too."

2 comments:

  1. You've been readin a lot lately! :)

    Haven't read Kite Runner or Lesson Before Dying but I have them so I will soon. But I have read Redeeming Love and the MOTL trilogy - some of the BEST books EVER!!! Oh, I also loved Time Travelers Wife. Interesting. Some of my other faves: Time Lottery (N. Moser), Sugar (B. McFadden), The Lights of Tenth Street (S. Feldhahn), and Memoirs of a Geisha (A. Golden).

    Those words are new to me too - I'll have to check out your links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. daughter sent me a blurb, these are her reads!

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey