Saturday, May 5

make time to serve!

Right now I am on the air bike. I wanted to put my mind to something to do, so I grabbed my PDA.

Friday, Fontana had its annual national day of prayer breakfast. The only recently retired city council clerk, Bea Watson (a wonderful lady), has been organizing this for several years now. It is held at Fontana Women's Club. This year the theme was 'make time to serve'. I always enjoy attending this event. I've been the last three years. It always remembers our country and its founding principles, our troops and most importantly that God is integral to these things and our very life.

In years past, they showed a film with Red Skelton about God in our Pledge of Allegiance - priceless!

The theme was taking time to serve, reminding that it only takes one person to make a change. The music was thought provoking - one should think about the words when they sing America the Beautiful. Pastor Dan of Crossroads Church, who I've always seen here, was the singer and there was also performances from a duet and a quartet. From the color guard and prayers, I enjoyed it all. Another annual event of note is the annual Inland Empire's breakfast.

With our ever so busy lives, think about all things you make room for and ...remember ... take time to pray - the easiest service of all! The life you change may be your own!

Time passes quickly on the air bike with a PDA in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey