Friday, May 25

Weighing in on stuff

I've settled on FitDay.com - it fits where I am on my wellness program right now. It is easy to use, provides the feedback I want and what sealed it is that the calorie database of DietFacts.com feeds right into it. So, if I eat at McDonald's and had the new Angus Burger with mushrooms and cheese (why did I?) I can not only confirm that I shouldn't have eaten what amounted to 810 calories, but also it puts the data right into FitDay so I didn't have to input all the gory details, making foods to be added an easier proposition.

Since I see value in all the other programs I've checked out, I hope to some day do a comparison showing the differences in what they offer. I really think it depends on what you want to get from it - high to low maintenance, being informed, support/accountability, types of reports, and high on my list is what is available for free.

My best weight was last week. I've had people noticing - once last Tuesday by a lady I see ocassionally in a restaurant I a frequent weekly. It is beyond words to be aware of actual progress. The proof is not only in the scale but in the measuring tape, and former clothes I can wear, and feeling so much better physically and mentally. So it goes.

It's hard to be a sport about this year's NBA season - the Warriors are gone and too the Suns; this requires the label 'kleenex'. Who am I to root for. I'd root for the current underdogs but they've got to muster up what now seems like a miracle. If they don't its going to leave me with teams I don't like and won't care who wins! Worst case scenario the Spurs win? I've probably jinxed the whole thing now. *sigh*

I have a four-day weekend. To the extent possible, I'm including in my holiday celebration vacationing at the Spa of Normandy - a holiday weekend getaway at home. It'll begin with getting the hair done (with a side trip to the AAA for a car registration), acquiring some ribs, the makings for the famous beans and other delicacies (will have to work those into the food program), and then being jacuzzi bound. I'll work in appropriate mood music, watch some movies (watching Sleepless in Seattle - yes, again - right now) - there'll be no crowds or traffic! See you on the other side!

Oh, on another divergent note - have a friend that has been looking into his family history. When I have the time, which is rare, I dabble at this myself - to date unable to make that connection into the slavery/plantation time period. However he has been able to trace his latino heritage to someone who ran with Pancho Villa. He found too that the name changed to be safe from the authorities. Interesting to find your surname changes back in history. The giant will encounter that - his last name is not the same as his father's which changes everything for his future lineage. Of course in this day and age there are hyphenated names too - it's a whole new game!

Okay, well leaving Seattle to get the hair done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey