Wednesday, February 21

life swapping?

I've done something along this line before but this tangent is stimulated by watching the last airing of wife swap - the families involved were a farm 'au natural' food (even raw meat) and life style vs. the eating out metropolitan lifestyle. I thought it commendable that one family being white and the other black didn't seem to factor in.

I'm not sure what the entire premise of the program is, but what I saw was 2 wives swapping having at first to live the other lifestyle and then to expose the other family to theirs. I was appalled at the dynamics that went on which I guess is what sells the show. Both sides were so imposing, judgemental and self-righteous.

I thought about if as a christian I had to do this with say a satan-worshiping family, what would I (reflecting Jesus) do?
  • Their time: I can be amongst them. While Lot did not do it successfully because of his motivations, Daniel and his cohorts were very successful not without challenges - great example of how to be amongst those who had not their understanding. Such as with the tax collector who became His disciple and the woman at the well, Jesus, Himself, was willing to be amongst the dregs of society. Their motive was pleasing the Father.

    While having understanding and not being judgemental, they were non-compromising. This very approach will lend acceptance to what would be my time, God willing. Meanwhile there are places I am willing to go because greater is He and at the same time I must maintain my aim to glorify God just as Daniel did when he changed not his diet.- I would lean to Him for the discernment.

  • My time: In reverse context whatever I can allow myself to do with them, I can request in like kind they participate within the practice of my faith. So there are things I would ask like that they attend church. But I can not impose my beliefs on others! I can only live the life and provide an example of its blessings.
I was really crushed by the pain invoked in the cross exposure done in this television program. Certainly this was not the purpose of the Cross. I guess these things disturb me.

God Help me to reflect you in your brightness of light and not as such that can only be gleened from desperately squinting into the darkness. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey