Saturday, February 10

fitness finds

well while not making a lot of progress, weightwise, I am encountering a lot of information and achieving an increased awareness. Here's just some of it:

Sparkpeople is a site with a comprehensive health and weightloss focus. I am normzrib there, as I am known many places. The site allows for goal tracking and breaks it down to eating and exercise - with health tips on key areas like diabetes and hypertension. A profile is created and one can be as thorough as one wants to be; but it provides insight to a person's goal as an individual and not just blanket remedies. Exercise programs can be set up based on individual focus, etc.

There are some tools I added-on to my google page.
  • Calorie Counter - it is neat to have on the page, but is essentially something that can also be done on the Sparx site. It keeps track of the calories eaten at each meal and gives you a total for the day against your desired total. On Sparx however you will get an ever more detailed breakdown as to your daily requirements and accomplishments.
  • On the Google 15 (odd name) one can log weigh-ins (I may have mentioned this one before) and see a graph of the progress similar to the tickers at the bottom of this page and also a summary. I find it doesn't act right all the time, but still is rather neat (i'll be using that word a lot - somewhat similar to kewl.
  • My Workout Routine actually helps you develop a workout routine similar to that on Sparx - based on your settings.
  • There's a Daily Nutrition Checklist that is based on your weight, activity level among other settings and it indicates your caloric, sugar, and fat limitations, and provides a means to track your consumption.

  • One the internet, itself I've found a few things besides the comprehensive Sparx page.
  • a comprehensive calorie counter for when you want to look items up.
  • a healthy body calculator that tells you a lot about yourself based on your answers. It would prove useful to repeat sometimes and gauge what progress has been made.
  • an interactive menu planner from which you can determine meals based on planned calories
  • a Body Fat Estimator - aren't you just dying to know what that is?

  • Well that is the tool tip for now; I'm going to join the husband in the jacuzzi, well deserved after a 20 minute aerobic time and 30 minute gym workout. Yes, its here and put together that day!

    If I've been repetitive on any of these things, forgive me. I like some of these tools because they provide perspective - I've eaten this much entirely or of this so I only need to eat this much now. I'm on track with water. I've done these exercised focuses; I need to do these.

    But I don't want to get anal. The real perspective is making this all second nature, achieving my goals and getting on with my life. As God wills, it shall be!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fitness Footnote

    'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey