Thursday, February 8

into February ...

A week into February - where did the time go? Life has been a many splendored thing!
  • Well, thank you Brown, the package has finally arrived to stay - today! It wasn't in the best of condition, this delivery; but workable - so it gets to stay. The husband is at home and maybe the giant too - I wonder if it'll be put together by the time I get home. The giant didn't get the job from the last interview, but has some more set up - keep him in prayer. The floor is matted. The exercise bike is in place. And today I am a pound less than last week. It's time to step up the program!
  • The 9/80 work week started and is going pretty well. I had my first Friday off last week. I used it to wait for people like housecleaners, service people, and school principals - oh joy. But more progress was made on the garage - and more things given to Goodwill and the Agape House. The next day off will be a 4-day weekend as the following Monday is a holiday - how kewl!
  • The husband has wooed me to dinner a few times - we have patronized Tony Roma's again and also went to Chili's. At Tony's my eyes were so much larger than my stomach. I brought half of those ribs home.
    At Chili's I just love their Chicken Crispers. Again, I think the effects of working toward weight loss was reflected, as I couldn't begin to consume all of the food. But this time maybe it was because I over-ordered ;-). With a main course you can get a side of ribs for $5.99. Who could resist that? And then those onion blossoms! I couldn't even order their delicious mexican eggrolls sigh. But the good news is I dutifully packed up a lot of my meal for take home and dined on it over the rest of the week. Still maybe those bump ups on my weight loss progress chart are for a reason ...
  • We had our annual superbowl party complete with tossing penalty flags into the middle of the floor and replete with food. And yet again, I did very well - one small plate of food even though I, yes me, made a dish myself - chicken nachos (recipe forthcoming). I was for the Colts, so very happy with the day's outcome.
  • We must give homage to the youngest's godfather (picturing Marlon Brando in my head), a dear friend of ours - Happy Birthday Andre!
  • Other dear friends of ours had an anniversary - Congratulations Aaron and Jody!
  • The husband and I sensed a need to request a change for the youngest one's teacher. He had and absolutely wonderful teacher, Mrs. Zappe, in kindergarten. In 1st grade, Mr. Ferguson continued to challenge and stimulate him. But we are noticing signs of discouragement in the 2nd grade and not because the work is too hard. So after the principal did not return my 2 phone calls and a subsequent conversation I did have with the teacher (after 2 emails), dad took over the reigns and carried the baton from mom. They met today and if there is no improvement for the youngest, it'll be pressed even without relenting.
  • The family room is getting a face lift - along with the TV the husband has been long wanting (no not a plasma!), I on the other had was able to adorn it with a lovely entertainment center. He was able to take advantage of 'after the bowl savings' and I snagged a no longer to be carried item before it disappeared into oblivion for a remarkable price that was only available until midnight the evening I spotted it. The wonders of the internet - I could still snatch it up even though the hour was late. It is now scheduled for delivery.
That's enough for a week into February; isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a LOT of info! Geez...where do I start?

    Congrats on the weight loss. It's so encouraging to see the numbers on the scale go the right way, huh? :)

    I love 4-day weekends.

    Yes, Chili's chicken crispers are quite tasty. I love their corn on the cob too. I know it's weird to love a vegetable but it's so darn good. I don't know what they do to it. (Although I can probably guess: slather it in butter and salt.)

    We had a Superbowl party too. Although ours was part Superbowl, part birthday celebrations (for Micah & Ashley). I als did pretty good food-wise despite the HUGE amounts of food available for consumption.

    Happy anniversary, Aaron & Jody! :)

    And finally...

    What?! STILL NO PLASMA?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Well, 3L, when you see this TV in all its glory, you'll forget about the plasma...

    *ROTFL*

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey