Saturday, November 25

proverbial man

We all know what the most important verse is in Proverbs 31; right?

Her husband is known in the gates, when
he sits among the elders of the land. [v23]

That isn't the one that came to your mind? Well, me personally I am shy significant points in the ultimate proverbial woman area; but I know what drives her to be so. And believe you me, something would have to drive someone to be all that!

When you know that your husband is all that and comes with a bag of chips too - that he is off the caliber of the Gate men (you know - E.F. Hutton 'people listen'), a man you can respect as well as love, in fact your love glows in light of your respect for him - that is quite a keep the motor runnin' motivation. It is our little contribution to who he is and more importantly to who he is to us.

Now maybe you think the gates are the world, country, city, community - but it can be the church, the home, your heart. And sometimes it may be that no one realizes he is known but yourself; but that is what really matters. He will know no greater love than to sit in the gates of your heart.

And get this; when in Jeremiah the Lord says I will be your husband" woa! Isn't your response all the much greater? Look who is in my corner? What I wouldn't do for him. Interesting how God uses marriage to remind us of our relationship with Him? Anyway you look at it, both relationships improve. Gotta love the Creator and His Plan - that is what gave me that man - the husband (chips included)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey