Sunday, November 12

a new thing in me

At praise team practice on Friday, my Ace asks me if I would sing with her on Saturday. Now, I am just a minor background voice that gives some quantitative body to our small singing group. Singing is not my gift, but it is a joy. On the other hand, my Ace has a God-given voice to envy some angels I am sure. She had been asked by a friend of hers to sing at their Church's Veteran's day prayer breakfast, to which she readily agreed. She hoped though to get someone to sing with her.

Never in my saved life did I ever imagine just me and someone else in a public singing performance. But the willingness to say 'yes Lord' I've discovered is a mysterious key to wings of eagles adventures to unsuspected places - collecting frequent flyer mileage is highly recommended!

In the movie, the Matrix, there's a Judas character who says he wished he had taken the other pill, made the other choice. But I have never regretted chosing Jesus. I often send people who have gotten a new position and show promising potential in it a congratulatory message quote from the movie, "I got to tell you, I'm fairly excited to see what you are capable of. I mean if Morpheus is right and all. We're not supposed to talk about any of that but if you are, well then this is an exciting time." God has never disappointed me.

Knowing that all glory is God's, I realize our previous worship leader was used of Him when he welcomed me to sing with the group, letting me overcome my nervousness to become comfortable with my voice and using it in front of people. Thank you Rodney.

Thank you Lynn for believing in me. It was wonderful to be used of God simply because I was asked, to support my friend and her lovely voice, and to be complimented for allowing God to be glorified through something only He could do in Me. How weird to stand there and sing praise confidently with my friend among people I didn't know, but who were family in God.

Time and time again He does a new thing in me and I, a work in progress, am always the better for it. To go along for the ride, I simply need to say yes Lord!

So that if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new! And all things are from God, the One having reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and having given to us the ministry of reconciliation, as, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not charging their deviations to them, and having put the Word of reconciliation in us. Then on behalf of Christ, we are ambassadors, as God is exhorting through us, we beseech on behalf of Christ, Be reconciled to God. For He made the One who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor. 5:17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey