Wednesday, November 15

Parabolic Pearlz

One child explained to his friends about how it was with his father. He tells him, he says, "I am your child so give me all that I am entitled to. After all I didn't ask to be here, you know. This is your house, so you keep it clean. I am simply here because of your love--you brought me here and so you have to care and do what's best for me. You are unable to do otherwise. It is against your very nature isn't it? "

Then he says to them "Now I am heading back to my 'ol man's house. Dinner will be waiting and I want to get the best of it. Not reheated stuff. Cya! " The others looked after him in awe. But his brother who he had left behind, amongst them, got up to go also.

He says to them while waving "I need to get home also so I can get the table set. Dad always has such delicious treats for us. So l am going to get the dishes tonight and straighten up the kitchen before I get to some work he wanted me to do. It is the least I can do. He never leaves me wanting for anything. I can't even imagine what it would be like if he hadn't adopted me. I'll see you all tomorrow".
parabolic pearlz from suge's shelz ©2006

Which are you? Some children of God are only too aware of a sense of entitlement to the kingdom of Heaven and demand "pay up ". While others never forget it is the grace of God and live to show their appreciation. Road rage, abortion, war are caused by entitlement. The disciples argued over who would sit next to Jesus -- whew, who earned/deserved that?

David used entitlement with Bathsheba but not when as God's anointed he served king Saul and let him live. It was not entitlement that served Laban seven years more for the right to marry Rachel which had already been earned. Paul left the service of entitlement to serve the lord-left what he saw in the world as right to serve what was right in God's sight. Jesus left at a manger all that was his right to die upon a cross for our sins. What entitlement have l earned; do I deserve? And yet, we are told... Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. Less is more. Only empty can one be fully filled--Ever drink all your cup contains so as to make room for the maximum replenishment? It is at the feet of Jesus that one can look up and see fully into His face and all that He is.

Only what's done for Christ will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey