Tuesday, November 28

A lost pearl - Bebe Moore Campbell

My Ace and I were just talking with the husbands and others about authors we've enjoyed - can't remember how we got on the topic (oh yeah now I do laughing to myself as I recall, but I realize - that is neither here nor there) - but we started with Toni Morrison discussing Beloved and so many of her other books, Alice Walker in particular The Color Purple and Possessing the Secret of Joy, and the authors James Baldwin, and J. California Cooper, and Terry McMillan, actually a subset of those mentioned in my profile. One we didn't mention, regretfully for she is so deserving to be amongst these, has left us today: Author Bebe Moore Campbell Dies at 56 in Los Angeles. I don't get to enjoy reading like I used to; but, of the books Bebe wrote, I read and have in my library (meaning I just can't part with) are Your Blues Ain't Like Mine and Brothers and Sisters. The world of literature will sorely miss Bebe, a pearl among authors. Bebe, thanks for sharing!

Right before the devastation, I had a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey