Tuesday, November 21

ruminant rants and raves rummaging

capsulization
No one ever told me told me how to take a capsule of medicine. So when as a teen I was first required to, I looked at the little plastic tubing and took it apart, pouring the contents in a glass of water which I quickly drank. This may typify my very nature to make a forest of trees. Now you tell me what I just said?

fallen from Grace
I have never liked CNN's Nancy Grace show - her last name is an irony. I can't see making a living being a hard-nose, but apparently there is a market for it. It is not so much her opinions but her attack approach - dis'Graceful ranting and raving - that repels me. While I don't understand the point of such TV programming, someone losing their life behind it is even harder to comprehend. This would be a hard one to sleep on.

jumped judgements
Although I am judgemental at times (surely proven in my posts), I recently saw a movie - the sisterhood of the traveling pants (definitely tissue material) - that causes me to check myself. (The Giant (eldest son) was walking around the house with manly disputations regarding it while I watched). While I loved the other story lines going on as well, especially with the distant girl making a new friend despite herself, it was the self-adsorbed 'all that' girl (really? am I that judgemental?) that made a homerun on my thoughts. It's not that we are always wrong with what we percieve about someone, but often jump the gun because we don't have a clue as to why so which would balance our personal assessment. When I found out why so with her, my heart was softened. Lord give me the wisdom of Solomon so that I would not be so misjudging or too hard-hearted. Note: I didn't see the movie from the very beginning and have yet to do so (and you know I will), but I suspect that is no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey