Monday, October 22

a temperamental journey

I've always been fascinated with temperaments - I've looked at Kiersey, Meyers, Briggs; Colors; even the Wizard of Oz! I found a chart comparing all against each other - even astrology which for me just doesn't fit the same temperament mold. If I followed astrology I would be a 'fire' sign - however my temperament aligns with the two on the far right. If you've found yourself to be a fox or an dolphin, or blue, or courageous; you just might find out a little more about your self or about others. Then when someone says why do you have to be so ... you can say because it explains it right here...!

Our womens study of Max Lucado's Cure for the Common Life looked at how people like to receive appreciation - temperaments come into play once again. When you look at the 1 Corinthians 12 body - well they eye needs the ear which need the foot, etc. And God know all this before time began. Wow.

Now I've run across this article that questions validity of temperament studies, and points to their origins and religious standing - woah. It even refers to Tim LaHaye's Transformed Temperaments. Well, this is all food for thought.

But I like what Max tells us - that God has given us gifts, yearnings to serve Him. From 'Cure' quotes, God gave you uniqueness, a talent, a skill, one that is yours alone to use in honoring Him - Cure for the Common Life can help you find that uniqueness, the "sweet spot" that puts it all into perspective, and show you how to live it everyday so that you aren't just existing in God's creation but thriving in His plan. Max explains to us, that we need to value what others 'bring to the table' as well. So, onward with the study!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey