Sunday, October 28

ginormous Giant 'mom' ent

Continuing in one's life as a mother has exponentially to borrow a word from a precious friend, 'huge' or his equally special daughter-in-law's 'ginormous' 'mom'ents.

My first baby boy is off to the military. Tomorrow the Giant embarks upon his naval career, leaving for boot camp in Chicago. Two months into two years, he's leaving and I will miss him. He is special and a joy to my heart. I'm not keen on this war, but I'm keen on him and, as I hum "His Eye is on the Sparrow", I am trusting him to God. We prayed over him at church this morning and the pastor spoke about the 30 men of God that surrounded David, James 5, and the Lord's hedge. Of the Giant's 30 or so crew, Lord let me be first in line!

My love for you goes with you boy! Do; learn; be what you've gotta- God's will be done; the Lord be with you in it all! May He give you wisdom and discernment, peace, and return you home safe and whole. And when ever you don't have the answers I borrow upon a friend's favorite shirt - 'Ask the Chief!'
Whenever I am tempted,
whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing,
when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him,
from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know He watches me.
Giant, I know He watches thee!

1 comment:

  1. You will be in our prayers, Giant. :)

    May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. Numbers 6:24-26

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey