Tuesday, September 12

'Where everyone knows my name'

Los Gringo's is a Cheers (remember the TV series?) for me - I've come here on my lunch hour nearly every Taco Tuesday for many years past; who wants to remember beyond that? I've come here with co-worker friends and even with my oldest daughter and oldest son. I'll have to get my husband here one day - he's heard so much about it. But what has capped off my oasis of each week is my mother. She, a diabetic with alzheimers disease at 80 years of age, came into my care a year ago April. She had lunch here with all her children - me and my sister (she's out of state) and brother (~about 75 miles away). It was the first time her children had gathered together with her or at all since her birthday-the month she arrived. At Los Gringos she was treated like family, as we all were and I always have been treated. It was a wonderful memory for each to have, as she left us for her final Home no more than a week later last December. They asked about her too when I next I came. Now, those Tuesdays when I come here alone or not, I know she meets me here 'where everyone knows my name'. My sister and brother continue to join me here when we all can be in town.

1 comment:

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey