Wednesday, September 20

"Let's call this what it is ..."

There are a lot of movies out there from which one can draw thoughts about marriage, a favorite subject of mine. The one l have currently been watching over and over and over again - just ask my husband - is Mr. And Mrs. Smith (M&MS) with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - as an aside, the one celebrity couple l am presently caught up with (I Know, I know!). Vince Vaughn also adds much to the movie who, oddly enough, is currently rumored to be with Brad's former wife - Jennifer Aniston. Also did you know (I wasn't aware) there are other M&MS films - 1941, 1996 TV Series and TV-Series 2007-????

Anyways (my word, hmmmm... or maybe our eldest daughter's - who said this movie is more like War of the Roses) - again, anyways that being neither here nor there, the movie is a theatrical anatomy of a marriage relationship - you meet, you develop a set of assumptions from which you determine the basis of a relationship, the assumptions get tested and, God willing, you re-evaluate and make any needed adjustments.


"We are going to have to redo every conversation we ever had".

The chemistry between the couple makes the movie very much enjoyable for me - which is what caused me to be intrigued by the acting couple. I have read critics who didn't like the movie but I particularly found the banter delightful - check it out for yourself. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey