Friday, September 29

2005 - Yikes, the year of Ike?

I oddly realized I had heard two Ike Turner references in movies I had recently watched. One was Diary of a Mad Black Woman - it is near the end - you almost miss it, even though it is one of the first ones. "C'mon Ike Turner, go on out there and get her". The other was the Wedding Crashers' "Wow, we're getting a great preview of what marriage is gonna be like with Ike Turner over here". Strangely enough both were released in 2005. So I wondered how common an occurrence Ike quotes were, and came across these others from imdb.com:

Oh, yeah. Hair like wool, skin like bronze. It's in your Bible. Jesus probably looked more like Ike Turner, but without that "I'm gonna beat ya, woman" look in his eyes.

Where would Tina Turner be right now if she'd rolled over and said, "Hit me again, Ike, and put some stank on it!"? Rollin' on the river, that's where she'd be. But she's beyond Thunderdome, because she decided to send a message? [yells] Wake up, sisters! There is nooooooo such thing as a weaker sex! Liar Liar (1997)
Dionne and her boyfriend Murray are in this dramatic relationship. I think they've seen that Ike and Tina Turner movie too many times. Clueless (1995)

Question number three: Given Ted's obsession with colorizing things, is it possible he's the unwanted love child of Ike and Tina Turner? "Mystery Science Theater 3000" (1988).

I also found Ike Turner, Official web site for The Father of Rock and Roll. The movie What's Love Got to Do with It about Ike and Tina Turner was actually released in 1993. Okay I am going to try to return from the abstract. I'm rollin, rollin on the river...on out of here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey