Saturday, August 2

The Surge

Will it work?

I confess, the weightloss in-roads are only a past memory. The holidays mounted a subtle counterattack and my forces retreated. I have since re-engaged without substantial results. The troops are going to have to hold their own and through the coming holidays!

Sooooo.... I'm mounting a surge! Yes, a surge. Will we be able to call it a success? We shall see. But the only casualty I expect are the clothes that will become too small for me! The measure of success will be not having to gain control without expending troops for a lifetime - to be able to manage comfortably.

I didn't just re-commit. For about the past few months I've been trying to get back on track to little scaleable avail. This is the first month I've made my 5000 monthly step/day average; actually 2nd, this month's per day average was plus 800. I'm beginning to work the calories successfully. But when you look at the measurements, there's no evidence.

So what does the surge consist of? It started with a revelation. I was doing this on my own. Suddenly, I went to the Lord acknowledging I couldn't do this. I asked Him to help me. I've redone my measurements - my goodness, how disappointing. I've lightly restructured my program, adding some aerobic exercise in addition to walking - I had all but eliminated that. I've fortified my determination to depend on the Lord. There's a program that I will incorporate to some degree, and that's First Choice. I continue to use Sparkpeople; it's been the base of my first successful thrust. Some at the workplace had a contest last month just to weigh in each week and a prize goes to the one in loses the most after a period of time. Another contest starts this month which I will join.

Already this week I've lost 3 pounds. If I can carry that into the Monday, that'll be great. Monday is my high in the week and Friday morning usually the low. It is not important to weigh everyday, but for me it's helps me to know what page I am.

Pray for me to successfully engage, and to maintain, and to keep the Lord as the source of my strength. I will keep you advised on the effects of the surge.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your "surge."

    Hopefully, you'll be able to get on a workable "timetable" until the day you can say "Mission Accomplished."

    "Yes, you can."

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey