Sunday, August 31

Meandering at the close of the month ...

Coming off of a nice time away at our church leadership retreat, I'm feeling peaceful, hopeful, blessed. This was our second retreat, the first occurring Spring of this year. We looked over the past 6 months and by the grace of God, it was good. It was a 2-nighter where we had a couple of brainstorming sessions and we also relaxed and broke bread together, and enjoyed the tropical air and environment of Palm Springs, returning for Sunday morning service.

Another answer to prayer has been God's response to my job situation. I actually have a hard two weeks to look forward to, but the prayers of the saints in my behalf have been answered and God has heard my cry. Those weeks won't be any different than I originally anticipated; but I will. I moved from the majority report of the weeks to come to the Caleb report. My Lord will sustain me. Not that I doubted it, but I had wearied and I so needed that sense of Him. It will be the cornerstone of my holiday thoughts tomorrow - the verse below.

I have been blessed in the surge to have lost about 6 pounds. The challenge will have been these last few days and of course tomorrow. But I've increased my walking steps and managed well my nutrition over the past several weeks. I am encouraged. I already survived the test of a birthday party for a dear friend's husband where there was so much delicious food. And today, which I'll touch upon further was our church's monthly fellowship. I'm keeping myself accountable. I will forge ahead!

The husband and I just celebrated 9 years of marriage. I was recalling today, one of our initial encounters where he had really blessed me, and in doing so touched my heart. He was the speaker today at church. We had just returned straight from the retreat. It was a good sermon. And it was fellowship sunday, so it was nice kickin' it with everyone over food and faith. Another one of his train gang visited the church today; the other came a few weeks back. I really enjoy seeing new faces coming to the church, especially those who make it home. It was especially nice today because our Japanese sojourner, the husband's namesake is back home - he had been many months in the country he had long dreamed of. He has plans for his future and is trying to set everything in place. He came with two sisters with him today to enjoy hearing their dad speak.

I've gotten caught up in mob wars on facebook. What an addiction. And just when I thought I had it all in hand, some criminal tries to wipe me out and I scramble for hours to maintain my existence. What have I gotten into. Thank goodness for loyal mob members - I nearly died! I play a bit of wordscraper too - trying to keep the brain sharp. The husband thinks I've fallen for my lab top.

We actually celebrate our anniversary for 3 weeks. We went to the county courthouse and followed the occasion with a subsequent wedding and reception.

Summer is falling into Autumn as the last holiday of its time takes place. We'll (he'll) barbeque of course and hopefully we'll be blessed by the presence of loved ones. I have some housecleaning that day and then its back to life as usual.

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-29

Have a Blessed Labor Day Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey