Sunday, August 10

soldiers of entertainment ... flowers gone

I remember my folks talking about noteable people who had passed that had brought them something the loss of which would be well remembered. Now, I seem to be living in those days myself. The folks would say death comes in threes and wonder who might be next. In mere days, we have lost suddenly Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes.

Mom would sorrow over Isaac Hayes, loving hearing him sing with Dionne Warwick, and the song 'By the Time I Get to Phoenix'. Can't remember when, but I was with her when she saw him and Dionne perform. He left his mark on several generations in music with his resounding voice and in movies.

Of Bernie, it was commented (and I pictured in my mind) he is making more laughter in heaven. Maybe he was levity in a world of leaven and now he has taken his humor to heaven. Steve Harvey brought out what a family man he was beyond the comedian/actor entertainer that he was. The mark of a man - coming from a tough town in a tough time, he has succeeded at what matters most in the love of those he leaves behind - a wife of many years, daughter, and grandchild. And he left us many a chuckle and smile. Rest in peace.

Where have all the graveyards gone?
Covered with flowers every one.

These stars, beyond us now, shined brightly on many a generation. The essence of the petals falling from their stem of life will be a long time fading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey