Tuesday, August 5

Escalation of commitment

Mounting a surge calls for a dedication to fully resource an effort or goal. There are actualizations we all would like to accomplish; but are we committed. I want to acquire a healthier weight; but am I committed? I want to obtain a higher level of learning degree; but am I able to even to stretch to the extent called for? It was my own efforts that gave me pause for thought ...

Jesus said to Peter [John 21], 'do you love (agape - like I love you, unconditionally) me' to which the response was 'yes, you know my affection for you'. Again He asked getting the same response. A third time He questioned Peter - 'are you fond (have affection for - denoting personal attachment, as a matter of sentiment or feeling [Strongs]) of me'? Was some increased level of uncertainty accompanying a saddened Peter's third reply?

I'm sorry Lord for the thing I made it [Heart of Worship]

Mine has been colored so; is your commitment sad?

What are you committed to? It's easier to say than to do. It's not the thought that counts at the end of the surge; it's the actualization.

Answer this, what are you willing, or not willing, to do?

If this is really your response to this desire of your heart or another, how are you really responding to Christ?





An escalation of commitment requires evidence of an all-out, unconditional, dedicated response. Lord stay me I pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey