Monday, December 10

What a wonderful start to the weekend ...

the husband and I spent time together, both having Friday off. I left early in the morning to have my hair coiffed for Saturday's party. My hairdresser is a blessing and a gem. I don't trust just any ol' body with my hair and hate to get it cut. I actually asked her cut it to a style - shocked my own self! If you wanna feel that way about your hair, hit me up for Lynn. Plus some hairdressers stagger their clients making what the process twice as long - I don't have that kind of time. The person in Lynn's chair is her #1 customer! I feel at home in the shop itself; even take my son there for barbering. Riddled with curls, I called the husband so we could breakfast together. We dawdled over vittles and conversation at a favorite local restaurant. We did a little shopping together and then went to the show.

We were toying between the choices of This Christmas and The Golden Compass , and finally settled on Compass. We were fully aware of the controversy surrounding Compass - and opted to be informed and equipped to be a credible witness with regard to it. I must say we thoroughly enjoyed the movie. There is nothing in this film (I have no interest in the book) I wouldn't allow the youngest to see; not sure if there will be a sequel if their box office sales weren't sufficient - but it came in first place this weekend. It's been a long time since we went to the show; I remember why, when with no more than 20 people in the theater, those two guys had to sit right behind us with sporadic commentary. We do have great theater room at home. However, our date was a lovely cuddly day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey