Sunday, December 30

loins and elephants

Larger than life are times you can spend with your kids. The youngest has been awarded many certificates which I've collected, but some of them included certificates for things like free lunch. This week we used one for the Elephant Bar - to which neither of us had been before. Thus that trunked image in the background is none other than an elephant, not living of course. This picture was taken with my HTC mogul phone.

I enjoyed the restaurant's decor and ambiance. The youngest ordered a hamburger sans cheese, lettuce and tomato which came with ample fries with chocolate milk which he loves, (it also came with a chocolate sundae) and I had the chicken fingers. The service was friendly and responsive, and the manager came by to make sure all was well. And it was until the bill which had errors; but they were corrected, and we left unscathed and happy. We enjoyed our day out. The youngest had a haircut earlier, but here he has his head hooded. He was an attractive date underneath, and amusing; but not as engaging as the husband.

Speaking of whom gave me a gps device for my birthday - it sure comes in handy. (This could be marriage saving - can you imagine me not getting us lost any more? - He's really cute when he tries to suck in his frustration for the love of me.) Anyways, the youngest and I, we were able to figure how to leave the Montclair shopping center without getting confused amongst all the after-Christmas shoppers. We call it Garmi.

The Giant called. He's officially a navy seaman and soon will be off to master of arms A-school in Texas for a couple of months. He'll be spending a few more days in Chicago before he goes. It was the first time we've had to talk since he left for boot camp. It was good to hear his voice. His boot camp stores were original with dental nightmares and a temperature above 104. He's graduated. He sounds good. He'll be in the same hemisphere as the eldest - afterall TX is more than an state - it's huge!

I have eight kids, mutual or not, I love them all. They are varied in gifts and personality -- each a unique treasure. These 3 came from my loins.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey