Friday, December 7

Something Small Any Now

I know I keep raving about Max - but the man knows how to put a word together. That's his gift. I'm not following the man, for surely it is God given. Tuesday we did chapter 13 - Trust Little Deeds of Cure. There is no common person. There is no common gift. After the chapter was read aloud around the room - what more needed to be said? Max had said more than a word.

Post this where you'll see it every day
"Do all the good you can,
by all the means you can,
in all the ways you can,
in all the places you can,
at all the times you can,
to all the people you can,
as long as ever you can"
and this
"Moses had a staff.
David had a sling
Samson had a jawbone
Rahab had a string.
Mary had some ointment
Aaron had a rod
Dorcas had a needle
All were used by God
What do you have?"
We answered questions like:
What towering giants are you facing today? What pebbles do you have at your disposal to attack this giant?

The Lord definitely has me facing my giants and the encouragement has been grand. I'm thankful for His constant presence, the study group, and the lessons being learned.

Big deeds are not an every day occurrence, but what keeps me from doing something small any now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey