Monday, December 24

Hits of the Season ...

Christmas on Division Street was initial tissue fare - a good movie with Fred Savage looking at sides of life that matter; aired today

Today, saw the black and white of It's a Wonderful Life showing how a life matters, again. The wife, Donna Reed, in this version reminds me (look at their eyes) of Kirstin Davis who I just saw in the entertaining film, Deck the Halls about getting caught in sides of life that don't matter with Danny De Vito, Matthew Broderick, and the lady with a lovely voice - Kristen Chenoweth - she's filming a Christmas movie coming out next year called 'Four Christmases'

Jane Seymour, who I love most from Somewhere in Time did a review I enjoyed of Christmas films over the years - A Hollywood Christmas

The husband and youngest were at the keyboard singing christmas carols - priceless! We put our lights out today, a lovely nativity scene, and dressed our tree yesterday evening, the first time in my adult years not having natural tree. The youngest assisted the husband with the lights and me with the tree. He went to bed early in anticipation of tomorrow's events

The giant is a navy seaman. He graduates Friday in Chicago and on the same day is bound for San Antonio. Am hoping to see him there, the Lord willing. Two kids - eldest and giant - in Texas ...

Yesterday the children sang for christmas in our worship service, and the night before we gathered for a fellowship of caroling. The Ace sang a moving 'Mary Did You Know', and I was able to accompany her singing 'O Holy Night'. Worshiping the Lord in song in celebration of His birth - precious!

I was able to get the husband a gift he never suspected and would love! Time after time he has been there for me - lifted me up, been my strength, my safety blanket, my as it is described in one of Madea's movies representation of God's love. He loves the wind up clocks that chime the hour. Not long ago, his was over-wound. Come to find out they are expensive to fix or buy. But I found a deal. I hope chime after chime, it reminds him how much I love him.

Merry Christmas every one!

Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ was born! Go tell it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey