Sunday, October 1

little things looming large

Dummy that I can be, mid-August I left my wallet (all my worldly belongings) in a shopping cart at the market. About now you are saying 'how dumb is that'? Well, who know where's my mind was, but I anchored my shopping cart up on the curbing near my car - reached in grabbing the grocery bags and stepped back to the 2nd row seats to put them in the minivan. Since my keys were in the car door, I simply removed them and went around to the driver side and drove off. Well, my wallet (did I mention my life) was still in the shopping cart. I realized all of this far too late, and the wallet disappeared 'off the face of the earth' without a trace.

Today, (long since any hope had died) I have picked up my wallet from someone who lives nowhere near where I left it, which seemingly was tossed by someone as 'good riddance' - and while the money and credit cards (reported missing) were gone - some of my life was still in there.

What was I supposed to learn from this besides 'keep track of your stuff'? I learned a lesson being taught to me all week. 'The Lord is still Lord'. His time is not mine. What is important to me, is it really so important? Where are my treasures? (I guess that is more than one lesson). I'll close in saying it was a very favorite wallet, providing me more organization than I've had since; and I am blessed to have it back in my possession. Finally, God IS in the little things.
"I never did mind about the little things," from Point of No Return.
My life has order again. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that there are still some honest people out there. Just too bad the not-so-honest people got to your wallet first. :(

    I can't image how you felt when you realized you left it. Well, I guess I can a little. Micah once left his ATM card IN THE ATM MACHINE! Luckily we realized it quickly and although it wasn't there when we went back, we called right away and no fraudulent charges were made. And now that I think about it, I remember the Wells Fargo associate we called saying that if the card isn't removed from the ATM slot after the machine "spits" it back out, it will pull it back in. Not sure if that's what happened to Micah's though...

    Anywho... Good to hear you're back in order again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey