Wednesday, October 11

Serenity Prayer time

Lord, what am I supposed to be learning here?

Three weeks ago, I requested a loan (from a reliable borrow from myself type set-up - I've done it before; would do it again) which was supposed to be processed in two weeks - the computer said so at the beginning and when it was finished repeated it in bold red letters! So, the husband and I go look for a purchase that would be financed by a portion of these funds and, after a week, settled on our selection. It was going to be ready in two weeks (a weeks leeway now).

I check the online access to the loan and call in occasionally and all is going well, but nearing the end of the 2nd week, we're getting antsy. I've spoken to the counselors by phone several times by this point and getting 'everything's fine' and 'it's in it's final stages'. There was one glitch though - a week after submitting, I saw 4 loan requests in the same amount - not just one. So I called in and the counselor advised to delete 3 of them; okay, done.

Well come to find out that the loan request was cancelled, by virtue of following those instructions everything was killed. But none of the subsequent counselors conveyed this nor even bothered to look into it far enough to discover this, as they gave their 'good tidings', until today (now into the 3rd week). Beset with frustration, anger, and a huge desire to dissolve into a puddle of tears, I was told that to rectify things I now must start over completely (which includes getting faxed a newly notarized document from spouse - of course that involves time!) and only as soon as they have that (not possibly before 4 hours after its sent) can they start over again and attempt to expedite it (a term which they did not define).

So, I did and actually had all that done by noon (a little more than an hours time - so the countdown began) working around a staff meeting even. Meanwhile the purchase is up in the air.

This might actually be 'whining;' sorry son. *sigh*

Lord nothing happens that You don't know about. You were, are, and will be. I pray that You would be in this situation; Your will be done.

1 comment:

  1. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3

    Maybe that's not what you wanted to hear... But hey, God said it, not me! ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey