Friday, April 25

Take the Youngest to Work day

well child wise, there's only the youngest left - and he hadn't been to 'Take To Work Day' yet. He had severe stomach upset the day before, but he was feeling a little better that day. It was a good thing he did, because he had a wonderful day.

First we arrived about 6:15 a.m. We went to the cafeteria to have breakfast. He had ham and eggs and a donut, while I ordered a breakfast croissant. Guess he was feeling better. He made the first pot of coffee for the office, and threw out grains during the day. He met our section engineers. supervisors and managers, our support group for them, my supervisor, and manager.

There were things for the kids to do from 9:00 to 10:30. My secretary took him and four others around. I tried to catch up with them with yet another charge. The section was having a safety walkthrough which might not have been as stimulating to participate in. Instead a Mars rover rolled over him and he participated in a stage show about liquid and ice and how light bounces off of them, etc. to name a few.

He went to the employee store and saw all the things available there; my secretary came back with a bag of stuff for him. My secretary had him typing on a typewriter - he had never seen one - wow! He communicated with his B-I-M and dad on my computer. We picked up lunch at Panda Express and gased the commuter van returning to the office to share our meal. It was a busy day at the office for the youngest and his stomach was beginning to stir again. Home just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey