Saturday, April 26

continuing in prayer ...

continue to keep our dear friend lifted up to our Holy Physician!

Blessed be the name of the Lord-when the sun is shining down on me and the world is all as it should be, Blessed be HIS name. Blessed be HIS name on a road marked with suffering and when the darkness closes in on me still I will say 'Blessed be HIS name'.
Have you all heard this song? I echo it and sing it often.
This week I have had to put it into practice as I received the results of my scan. It was not what I expected. Dr. called to say that this scan showed 'activity in the liver, not longer a negative scan rather a positive, must stay on this two types of chemo. that I currently have been on.' As you can imagine this was a blow to me, as since my battle began I have always received good news after every scan. My emotions were raw and I felt shock, denial, frustration, disappointment and great sadness. But only for a day! Then my dear patient husband, my best friend, my angel Lili, and my incredible parents picked my spirits up and allowed me to cry but get back on track with HOPE IN THE SAVIOR. I am now able to look at the positives again. The good news is that my CEA count is still in the normal range, the dr. said there are no new growths visible in the CT scan which correspond to the activity visible in the PET scan, and he did not suggest that I need to return to the heavy intense chemo I was on originally. So those are all things I can be happy about! I also have an appointment with a liver surgeon this Monday. Erik will go with me and we will see if I am a candidate for that or not. I see my chemo. dr. on Wed. and will have an infusion on Fri. Soooo lots of opportunity to ask questions and get opinions. I would sure appreciate prayer for guidance as it is hard to know how much confidence to place in drs. We know our LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST is truly our only hope and I know HIS healing is complete. I extend to all of you my eternal thanks for your continued support and prayers. I would have given up if it were not for the incredible love you have reached out with to me. I am actually feeling great and am blessed with energy to work, take care of my darling five, and spend time with family and friends. The kids are all well, playing baseball so we are busy with practice and games, schoolwork.... Life is happy here and we are keenly aware of how much grace God has given us in response to your steadfast prayers. God bless each of you!!
caringbridge.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey