Friday, April 4

poem - commitment or contentment

I did it my way ...Lord help me not to say...

(The poem on commitment read in last Sunday's sermon)

COMMITMENT OR CONTENTMENT?

I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord.
Real service is what I desire.
I'll say what you want me to say, Dear Lord.
But don't ask me to sing in the choir!

I'll say what you want me to say, Dear Lord.
I'd like to see things come to pass.
But don't ask me to teach girls and boys, Dear Lord.
I'd rather just stay in my class.

I'll do what you want me to do, Dear Lord.
I yearn for your kingdom to thrive.
I'll give you my left-over change, Dear Lord.
But please don't ask me to tithe.

I’ll be what you want me to be, Dear Lord.
I long to see the church alive.
But don’t ask me to come out at night, Dear Lord.
I’m always too worn out and tired.

I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord.
I'll say what you want me to say.
I'm busy just now with myself, Dear Lord.
But I'll help you some other day.

author unknown to me

ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey