Thursday, April 10

Please keep our friend in prayer. Her husband and mine have been friends since childhood; they have 5 children. She is courageously walking in faith in a valiant battle with cancer.

Hi Dearest Ones,
How are you enjoying life in this gorgeous season of Spring?! I am drinking in the warmer weather and smiling at every flower and little hummingbird I see. God's creation is magnificent and it is all around us.
I am happy to report that our GREAT GOD is continuing to graciously heal me! I saw dr. today and my cea count registers at 1.4 which is normal for a healthy person. He calculated how long I have been 'in remission' and it is 9 months!! I asked him if he could start weaning me off of the chemo. and if that was a wise thing to do. He said at this point it is very hard to know what is wise because we are in 'uncharted waters'. He then said in light of the 9 months of negative PET scans he would like to give me a 'chemo. vacation'. WOW!!! He said the results of this next scan will be huge and will indicate what we should do next. This scan will be next Friday, April 18 soooo please pray, pray, pray for me. I am confident in God's mercy and firmly believe this scan will prove HIS healing power. I can't even imagine how it will feel to not be on chemo. drugs after 14 months of taking them. Needless to say I am very excited about that possibility :)
Though the dr. says we are in uncharted waters, I know my God is the captain and He is charting my course through these troubled waters. I am not afraid as I have learned to trust HIM in new and deeper ways. 'I will fear no evil for thou are with me...'Psalm 23
Thanks a million for your steadfast prayer support!!! The prayers of the righteous are very effective and I am blessed to have soooo many righteous people praying for me.
Praise God with me! Love always, Barbara
The war she wages is found at caringbridge.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey