Saturday, March 3

No waste!

Snatching a minute to blog while the youngest is getting a haircut. Yay; its not me doin’ it! Fantastic Sam’s had a coupon I’m taking advantage of. So, three days into March, I need to wrap up February.

Maybe, I’ll back my way into it…
We are six days (and 7 nights) from a week long vacation – haven’t done that in years (about four now), so I am eagerly looking forward to it – Lake Havasu to see the London Bridge! The youngest (the one getting the haircut) is off-track at his school for the entire month – so he is traversing with us. He doesn’t likely remember the trip he took with us to Orlando before he was two. Also he is getting an award at school on Tuesday (the last day); he got one last month (to our chagrin, we missed the information on that one) too. The proud parents will be there.

It’s been a busy time the last week and I’ve worked hard on weight loss (I didn’t say I’d never talk about it!); have you noticed the progress? It’s been an up and down proposition, but I think it is beginning to pay off. I’m using the trip as a quick short term goal, just because I can.

In that light and in general, I’ve been struggling with discouragement – you may have noticed in my last post. I’m basically a positive person and feel like my atmosphere has been an increasing reminder of negativity. I was reminded today however that God doesn’t waste anything – so there’s a purpose for everything – that’s the positive. I looked high and low for that and He gave it to me today.

I haven’t seen my brother since before the new year – who lives what – an hour away – but where is the time to travel into traffic and return in traffic with so much stuff going on – meetings and engagements - so many plans gone awry. It’s hard to get off of a moving carousel. However I decided to take the award day (above) off and kill two birds with one stone. I should be able to spend time with my brother and still get back before traffic escalates.

Had my second 9/80 day off last Friday and I spent that one trying to kill other birds. The eye doctor’s office informed me it had been since September since I was supposed to pick up some contacts – that one’s off of my ‘to do’ list. Tried to make use of a gift card on trip essentials, but didn’t see anything of value. May have to fit that in later this week – it was an excuse to go back to Victoria Gardens.

Missed my friend's Gold Canyon candle party, but I have some goodies ordered! Cathy and Lee have been battling her life threatening disease and by God's grace they’ve won; praise God. That was so good to find out. Talk about renewing leases – the lease on life is the most profound. As believers, its nice to be able to approach it knowing that the equation is going home or finishing His work here. I'm continuing in prayer for her job. God is good! The Ace was able to get her son into the preschool program she had waitlisted an year. By the grace of God she was the last one in on a first-come/first-serve 6AM enrollment call. Yes, God is good. And her husband is able to be back at work for which we’ve all been long praying. I know the re-adjustment may be hard. But for God, there’s no waste; everything is for a reason. The prayer list seems partiularly long these days, but no prayer is wasted with God. In that vein, we are continuing in prayer for my husband's life-long friend's wife who's diagnosis of cancer does not look good for their family of four little ones and for all those who we know have family battling this disease and those unknown. God be with them all!

Our women’s study has started a new book and we are all excited. It’s Max Lucado’s Cure for the Common Life – the cover has two beautiful short haired lab like dogs lazing on the couch. If we are peculiar people, certainly an uncommon life should accompany us. There is a workbook that we are making our way through. Our group is going to kick off a monthly Saturday study in April as well and the First Place study is seriously being considered; I’ve ordered the group starter kit to initiate it. There is much to look forward to.

Most of all I am sooooo looking forward to our vacation. The place is right on the water with beach and pools, lots of activities in and around the area – gotta talk to a man about buying a bridge ;-)

My, he looks handsome with his haircut; time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey