Tuesday, March 20

Don'tcha just love how the Lord just brings things together in your head in a neat little package wrapped up like a gift!

Sunday at Couple's study part of what we went over in Moments Together for Couples was Fathers as Servant-Leaders. Well with most this concept sat okay, but with some the discussion was discomfiting. It said:
"Serving his wife rounds out the husband's and father's role. Some men cannot understand the biblical definition of a leader as a servant. Even though He was Lord, Jesus said, "the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve" (Matt. 20:28).
As your wife's servant, can you name her top three needs? What worries her? What circumstances quickly put her emotional gas tank on empty?
Men, let me challenge you to lead, to love and to serve."

My wonderful husband was actually able to answer those questions. My point though is for devotion today I was reading Meyer's "Stooping to Rise" and he says:
When our Lord stooped to live visibly amongst men, He refused to avail Himself of the homage due to His original nature. He had been in the form of God, but was content to veil His glory, to assume the form of a servant, to be made in the likeness of men. In the cradle of Bethlehem, in the home of Nazareth, in the voluntary limitations of His earthly ministry, in His obedience to the death of the cross, there was the hiding of His power. He refused to use the attributes of His intrinsic Deity, that He might manifest the Love of God, that He might bear away the guilt of the world, and work out and bring in an eternal righteousness. Therefore He is exalted and bears evermore the name of Jesus---the Saviour of the world.
The Apostle says, let this same mind be in you; think these-thoughts; follow in the steps of Jesus. We must show a holy emulation as to who shall stoop the lowest, and follow the master the closest. The most urgent Matter for each of us to consider is not whether we are orthodox in our creed (though that is not unimportant), but whether at any cost we have the mind which was in Christ, whether at any cost to ourselves we are manifesting the love of God to those around us.
As any of us lead, this is so very important to incorporate into our walk to have any Godly success. Any who know my husband might raise an eyebrow or snicker (now stop that!) when I say he is such a man, because he definitely has a stand-his-ground, firm nature; but he constantly makes an effort to understand, please, and be a blessing to me. I realize too that Jeremiah 5 says the Lord is my Husband and so He initially set the ultimate example.

Thank you Lord for the gift of your Word, your Love, and for the gift of my husband.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, how come I cannot post a comment on your vacation post? Odd...

    So I've been meaning to tell you that because of your ticker, for the longest time I thought you guys were going on vacation in London, England! I even told Micah that! :) And then after I read your post, I realized Havasu had a London Bridge too (who knew?! not me, for sure!). I told Micah last night and we had a big laugh about that one.

    I also wanted to ask about the vacation thing. Did you get a discount or something because you went to one of their timeshare spiels? How does that all work?

    Oh, and I still have your candle stuff. Dontcha want it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be as close to London as we get LOL. I fixed the comment thingy; I accidently hit a toggle button.

    I'll holla' atcha about the candles and timeshare stuff. {{{Hugz!}}}

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey