Friday, January 30

hands of worship


hands of worship
Originally uploaded by runz DMC
Every day there are hands that touch lives, even ours. Those touches run the gamut of malevolent. to innocuous, to benevolent. Much of this is of our own choosing - where we hang out, how we select our friends, how we carry ourselves that draws people to us; and some of it has nothing to do with anything we do.

But I've found that those hands that touch my life spiritually are a blessing to my life and enabled me to be armed for negative encounters in this life. Many people have BFFs (best friends for ever). In my life with Christ, I am privileged that He has given me TFFs (true friends for ever). Their agenda is always His; not mine nor theirs. And His is always best for me. It is people like these that always keep me looking to God, He uses to keep my eyes on the prize, to recognize that 'where 2 or 3 are gathered He is amongst us, and that I am not alone.

Two pairs of such I am thankful for are the owner of the hands pictured, as her worshipful nature of quiet wisdom and abiding peace has greatly influenced my life and my stylist - a rich source of encouragement. Surround yourself with such as these where ever you go, like vitamins. They can be found in the workplace, place of Worship, neighborhood, social gatherings and more.

And so, as in Hebrews 12, 'not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near'.

3 comments:

  1. I praise God for the hands that spur me on to do good for Christ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the 'touch' you often have in your comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a favorite quote of my S-I-M, I'm reminded of: "They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they? I always thought that's what they were".

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey