Friday, July 4

Summa Daze

It's been really really hot. The weather has been of note all around the world over the past months. We are in the midst of the 2nd summer holiday, Independence Day, watching the movie of the same title. Our home is especially low key this year. We have two of the four girls, one staying with us for a little vacation and the other bringing her friend Jake. The husband's namesake is in Japan right now; wonder how it feels to be away on July 4th. When I was an AFS summer exchange student, I spent a July 4th in Denmark. But, back to the subject on hand. Our dogs take fireworks as a personal attack, so I usually spend much of the evening soothing their sensitivities. It has overall become a pretty low-key holiday for me. The husband is cooking ribs that I of course marinated. They should be succulent soon.

For memorial day the cousins got together. My mom's sister's sons were here with 2nd cousins too. I believe on the east side (U.S.) my cousin's sister's crew was getting together with my sister's family along with more family. I needed the ability to cam in away that we could all see each other at the same time; but alas. Too, I very much regret I didn't get in contact with my brother's son. I understand he and his girlfriend spent the day at his mom's, and his girlfriend is very lovely. I hope to meet her soon. We watched the game between San Antonio and the Lakers - I'm not a fan of Duncan but, considering the alternative of Kobe, I was a Spurs fan that evening and routed for Tony Parker. It was nice to spend time with my one cousin's new wife and with my cousin's crews in general. There were crew in the age range of the youngest too, so they spent most of the time upstairs having fun.

The next holiday is Labor Day, and we'll be on a retreat. So we use holidays to enjoy family, relaxing, and getting away - but most importantly to remember the reason for the day and count our blessings.

The youngest is off-track before beginning the 4th grade - we are spending the next week on vacation for some family time. He has already enjoyed Wall-e. With the gas prices and all, we have some localized day trips planned; won't be too far away from home. I'll let you know how these things go. Have a blessed holiday and a blessed summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey