Friday, July 4

L.A. Urban Radio

I listened to KDAY, most particularly Steve Harvey’s show because it is on when I go to work and the music is more in line with my taste then than the station’s other times of day; V100; Hot 92.3 and the black-owned KJLH (which I can’t always get because the signal doesn’t come in as strong). I listened to them all because they have different things to offer. I’m not so much into hip hop or rap – more old school, R&B, gospel and jazz. In April, V100 was taken from us, one of the more outspoken – with the likes of Michael Baisden, a strong voice of Black America. What replaced V100 is not worth listening to and removed from my set stations.

KDAY reached out to the audience and changed some of their own programming.
” Through an unprecedented partnership with Radio One, 93.5 KDAY is going to be bringing you more personalities and features that you enjoy listening to such as T.D Jakes, Donnie McClurkin and Comedy Queen Monique.”
One of the changes I am enjoying is the Donnie McClurkin show. What a breath of fresh air. I get to hear some Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Winans, Kirk Franklin, Donnie, and others to start my day. The Los Angeles area is seriously parched of gospel music radio. For a minute there I thought the Steve Harvey Morning show was gone, but it just starts after Donnie. I hear Steve on my Friday off – and enjoy not only his show and ample dose of laughter, but his spiritual message as well.

These stations stay on pulse with an important aspect of the urban community need. Michael, Cliff, the entire V100 crew, still, you’re missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey